Halaman

Jumat, 16 Februari 2024

Business Trip: Batam

I recently returned from a business trip to Batam Island, my first business trip since I joining this company. I was assigned to the trip with my colleague. Initially, the topic didn't particularly interest to me, but since I was free and had no other appointment, I agreed to go, even though I had to finish other tasks upon my return.

What I want to highlight is not the boring business trip itself, but my experience staying at the Planet Holiday Hotel. I had never stayed there before and chose it because it had a swimming pool. Since this was a business trip, the accommodation costs were covered by the company.

I had never heard of this hotel before. Usually, people stay near the mall and don't look for alternative hotels. However, I was bored and not really interested in going to the mall at that time. So, I decided to stay at the Planet Holiday Hotel.

My first impression that I had when I entered the hotel was that it was like an old hotel from a movie or book. It had a spacious lobby, bellhops ready at the entrance, and stairs welcoming you on the right and left. The hotel's ambiance felt like "old but gold" - an old hotel that was well-maintained.

As an introvert who loves solitude and hates crowd place, I really enjoyed my business trip this time. I stayed in a hotel room by myself and didn't have to share it with anyone else. I enjoyed every facility the hotel provided; the swimming pool, gym, and other sports facilities. I also enjoyed every breakfast menu for three days straight. I didn't want to miss breakfast and miss out on the menu. I really felt at home here and wished I could stay for two weeks, haha.

I was reminded of a story in the Korean drama, The Master's Sun. It tells the story of a woman who has the ability to see ghosts. It so happens that there is a ghost haunting a hotel. When investigated, it turns out that the ghost is haunting because at the end of her life she won a prize ticket to stay at the hotel and enjoyed it very much. She didn't want to die and wanted to always be in that hotel. She didn't want to go back to her own world and face reality when she woke up from her coma. Yes, the ghost's body was not dead, just in a coma for a long time.

If I were a ghost, I would probably choose a hotel as a place to haunt. Especially hotels with luxurious architecture and an old-fashioned style. I would haunt the corridors, lobby, and restaurant. Make the food there go rot quickly after 10:00 AM. Or I would disturb the guests by stopping the elevator on floors they didn't press. I would also knock on hotel guests' doors and turn on the faucets to scare them and write scary reviews.

Of course, I'm just kidding! I want to die and not haunt. People who haunt must have died a restless death, and I want to die peacefully. Leave this earthly life and die in peace.

One thing that made me happy was the elevator in this hotel. The elevator is long, there are a total of five active elevators that can take you to each floor. At night, I took the liberty of pressing to the top floor, which is the 19th floor, and I could see the city of Batam from the height of the 19th floor from inside the elevator. AMAZING!

If I go to Batam again, I will recommend this hotel to my people. It turns out that even my friend who live in Batam have never stayed there. Many of them replied to my DM and asked, "Where are you staying?".

I am very satisfied with my business trip this time. Especially for an introvert like me who enjoy privacy and peacefulness.



Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar

TERIMAKASIH THANKS AND GOMAWO

Diagnosa yang terlalu dini, Alzeimer?

Hi guys~ Selamat datang kembali ke blog amatir ini. Terimakasih sudah meluangkan waktu kalian untuk bergabung dengan gue disini, menuli...