Halaman

Sabtu, 01 Agustus 2026

Salma, what is this behavior? #yapping

Honestly, one thing that I really hate is having problems with coworkers. I always try to keep my relationships at work normal. Not too close, not too distant. Just coworkers being coworkers.  

At my previous office, I once had beef with someone. Thankfully, we managed to work things out, and somehow, we ended up becoming even closer than before. I was also once labeled as the 'problem' by my supervisors because I refused to follow rules that, in my opinion, they had simply made up. I felt like they were not being objective at all. It was basically a double standard.  

And now, here I am again, dealing with subtle jabs from coworkers in the same section.  

They never say anything directly, of course. Instead, they keep throwing sarcastic comments into the group chat. Do they really think those little comments are going to make me feel intimidated or 'shaken'? If you have something to say, just talk to me directly. I will answer.  
I first noticed this sometime after the 2025 Annual Tax Return filing period, probably around the middle of the year. At the time, I went to the restroom quite often. Maybe it was because I drank a lot of water. Sometimes, I simply needed time to poop. Apparently, that became an issue.  

“Mbak, kalau kamu mau ke toilet ijin ya.”  

Okay, but how many times am I supposed to announce that I need to use the restroom?  

That was why I created the “TOILET BREAK” sticker in the first place. But after a while, I got tired of it. Why should I have to ask for permission every single time I need to use the restroom? It takes five minutes at most. Can’t people be a little more understanding?  

Then, on several occasions, they said things like, “Tapi jangan terlalu sering ke toilet.”  

I mean, what exactly do you think I am doing in there? Do you think that when I say I am going to the restroom, I am secretly having snacks?  

Some of you have asked for permission to come in late, to have breakfast at ten in the morning, to go to lunch, or to pray. I have never made a big deal out of any of that. I simply think, okay, maybe this person did not have time to eat breakfast. Maybe they have not prayed yet. Maybe they have not had lunch. Maybe they need to poop.  

I understand. People have needs.  

Even when someone deliberately responded with a sarcastic comment about attending an Pengajian session, I still did not make it into a problem. And as far as I know, not a single clients has ever complained because the counter was temporarily empty while I was in the restroom.  

So why are you the ones getting so worked up about it?  

And if the problem is that I like taking short breaks between queues, then what exactly is wrong with that? Why do you feel the need to call the next number so quickly?  

During my time working at the TPT service desk, I have never heard of a rule saying that we are not allowed to take a moment to breathe. If I am expected to work like a robot, then I simply cannot do that. 
 
This stupid thing like journal or somting to save my 'job'

Here is an idea. Why don’t we compare how many clients each of us has served? I am pretty sure there would not be a huge difference. I can still serve just as many people as you do, even if I work at a different pace.  

And again, has any client ever complained because they had to wait a little before their number was called? In my opinion, the waiting time is still perfectly reasonable.  

Please do not criticize someone else’s working rhythm or force them to match yours. I can work at my own pace without reducing my share of the queue, especially if the number of clients served is your main benchmark.  

Just because I look relaxed does not mean I am less competent than you.  

A few times, you have reminded me, “Sal, ada antrian.”  

Yes, I know. I can see them. I work at the TPT service desk too, remember? But wait a minute. Be patient. Let them sit down first. Let them finish filling out the form and get ready before coming to the counter.  

It is not that I am ignoring the queue or busy doing something unrelated. Sometimes, I simply need a moment to pause.  

I have also never commented when, in the middle of working at the TPT service desk, some of you open your household finance spreadsheets, reply to WhatsApp messages, make WhatsApp stickers, or do other personal things. I understand because everyone needs a break sometimes.  

That is exactly why I do not understand why my short breaks suddenly need to become such a big issue.  

So, what now?  

Are we going to talk about this like adults, or do you actually want to fight me? 
 

 
 

 

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar

TERIMAKASIH THANKS AND GOMAWO

Diagnosa yang terlalu dini, Alzeimer?

Hi guys~ Selamat datang kembali ke blog amatir ini. Terimakasih sudah meluangkan waktu kalian untuk bergabung dengan gue disini, menuli...